First of all, we will analyze the existing regulations regarding the revision of your PPE and lifelines.
On the right is a description of the existing legislative and regulatory references regarding the mandatory periodical revision of PPE and lifelines.
The EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE 89/391/EEC and the RD 1215-1997 in art.3. specifies that the employer must ensure the proper functioning and mantenimeinto as well as hygienic condition of PPE of their employees.
RD 1215-1997 together with the LAW 31/1995 in its art.7 extends its contents with requirements that the epi or lifeline must be adequate for the work to be carried out and that they must be used by trained personnel. This last factor tells us about the need for workers to receive training in the use of PPE or lifelines.
The RD 773/97 in its art. 7 talks about the use, maintenance, storage, cleaning … of PPE and lifelines, which must be carried out in any case as specified in the manufacturer’s manual.
Finally, being of much importance the regulations UNE EN 365:2005 which talks about the instructions for use, maintenance, periodical revision, etc. of PPE and lifelines.
That said, when should a PPE or lifeline be checked? Let’s clarify this below.
WHEN TO CHECK AN EPI OR LIFELINE?
As shown in the triptych on the right, an inspection of PPE or lifelines must be carried out:
- Before each use: a visual inspection must be performed before and after each use of the PPE or lifeline.
- UNICALLY: an annual inspection of the PPE or lifelines must be carried out.
- AFTER AN ACCIDENT: if a fall or accident occurs, the device should be inspected, do not use without inspection by a competent technician..
- SPECIAL: these special cases occur when the PPE has been used in a corrosive environment…
We hope we have helped you with this post and remember that you can always find us on our website.
REQUEST A QUOTE
GET A QUOTE
Basic information on data protection
- Treatment manager: Isabel María Ponce Sáez
- Address of the person in charge: AVDA. JUAN CARLOS I ,57 BAJO C, CP 30588, ZENETA (Murcia)
- Purpose: Your data will be used to attend your requests and provide you with our services.
- Advertising: We will only send you advertising with your prior authorization, which you can provide us through the corresponding box established for this purpose.
- Legitimation: We will only process your data with your prior consent, which you can provide us through the corresponding box established for this purpose.
- Addressees: In general, only duly authorized personnel of our entity may have knowledge of the information we request from you.
- Rights: You have the right to know what information we hold about you, correct it and delete it, as explained in the additional information available on our website.