The RIG compact self-braking descender for difficult access is designed for experienced users. It is provided with an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable control of the descent. The AUTO-LOCK system allows easy positioning in the workplace, without having to manipulate the handle or make a locking key. Once locked, rope can be retrieved without having to manipulate the handle. The closing trigger allows the rope to be installed while keeping the device connected to the harness.
Designed for users with experience in difficult access.
Ease of use:
- It has a closing trigger on the mobile side plate that allows easy installation of the rope, keeping the device connected to the harness, which facilitates the passage of fractionations.
- Easy installation of the rope, thanks to the guide and the indicative markings.
- Ergonomic handle that allows you to release the rope and comfortably control the descent. Two possible descent modes: over the side plate or over the V-brake groove.
- AUTO-LOCK system that allows easy positioning in the workplace, without having to manipulate the handle or make a locking key: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device. The automatic recoil of the handle limits the risks of inadvertent snagging.
- Automatic transfer of the handle to the storage position when the rope is removed from the device, which reduces the risk of inadvertent snagging when the descender is carried on the harness.
Versatility of use:
- Once locked, the rope can be retrieved without having to manipulate the handle, allowing for easy short rope ascents, for example.
- The cam can be manipulated to easily retrieve rope or secure to a leader in climbing technique.
Stainless steel protection reinforcement in the friction zone of the rope, which increases resistance to wear.
Heavy load lowering up to 200 kg.
Rope compatibility: from 10 to 11.5 mm in diameter.
Available in two colors: yellow and black.
- Materials: aluminium, steel and polyamide
- Weight: 400g
- Maximum working load: 200 kg (more information in the technical sheet and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)
- Certifications: EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use and EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A used with a PARALLEL 10 rope .5mm or AXIS 11mm. - EN 12841 type C used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope. - EN 15151-1 used with a 9 to 11 mm rope. - NFPA 1983 Technical Use used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope.
|Rope Compatibility||10 to 11.5mm||10 to 11.5mm|
|Guarantee||3 Years||3 Years|