"Asap" product description
Petzl Asap sliding fall arrester for rope. With its unique locking system, it is a benchmark in fall protection for workers at height. In normal use, the device moves freely along the rope, without manual intervention, to follow the user in his movements.
In the event of a crash or sudden acceleration, the Asap locks onto the rope and immobilizes the user. Depending on the use, it can be combined with an Asap'Sorber or Asap'Sorber Axess energy absorber to work separately from the rope.
It is certified to European and Russian standards if an Ok Triact-Lock carabiner is used. Certified to North American standards when used with a Bm'D or Oxan Triact-Lock carabiner.
- Materials: aluminum and stainless steel.
- Permanent fall protection, stops falls, slides and uncontrolled descents.
- Works with vertical or inclined rope.
- Locks onto the rope even if the user grabs it during the fall.
- It moves up and down along the rope without any manual intervention.
- Easily installed and uninstalled at any point on the rope.
- May be combined with an energy absorbing lanyard.
- Supports semi-static ropes (EN 1891 type A) from 10 to 13 mm in diameter.
- Weight according to manufacturer: 295 g.
- Certifications: CE EN 12841 type A, EN 353-2, ANSI Z359.15 and EAC.
- CE EN 12841 type A: used with an Ok Triact-Lock carabiner and a 10 to 13 mm EN 1891 type A rope. An Asap'Sorber or Asap'Sorber Axess energy absorber can be used as needed.
- CE EN 353-2: used with an Ok Triact-Lock carabiner or an Asap'Axis 11 mm rope. An Asap'Sorber or Asap'Sorber Axess energy absorber can be used as needed.
- EAC: used with an Ok Triact-Lock carabiner and a 10 to 13 mm EN 1891 type A rope. An Asap'Sorber or Asap'Sorber Axess energy absorber can be used as needed.
- ANSI Z359.15: Used with an Asap'Sorber or Asap'Sorber Axess energy absorber, a Bm'D or Oxan Triact-Lock (international version) carabiner, a Captiv grab bar, and a Ray 12mm rope.
- EN353-2 Anti-slip