"Absorbica-Y 150" product description
Designed to progress through a vertical structure or through a horizontal safety line, with the passage of subdivisions.
Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber strap that limits the impact force borne by the user.
- Works with users weighing between 50 and 140 kg (1).
- Staged tearing to limit deceleration incurred by light weights.
- Minimum volume:
- Compact energy absorber so that it does not interfere with handling.
- FLEX version with 150 cm elastic straps so as not to hinder progression.
- Resistant textile cover, with an opening system at the ends, to protect the energy absorber from abrasion and splashes, while allowing periodic inspections of the absorber.
- Two possibilities of installation on the harness depending on the use:
- Frequent connections / disconnections: with a carabiner fixed in the correct position using the STRING attachment accessory (included with the lanyard).
- Almost permanent connection: with a RING OPEN locking ring whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning or with a SWIVEL OPEN swivel to prevent entanglement.
Two possibilities of connectors at the tip of the lanyard: carabiners or connectors with a large opening MGO OPEN.
|Length without connectors||150cm|
|Length with connectors||160 to 200 cm depending on the connectors (more information in the technical sheet and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)|
- EN355 Absorber element
Petzl is a family business that, over time, has become the largest European manufacturer of personal protective equipment for those who evolve sporting or professionally in the vertical world and in the dark.
Petzl, a passion business that is part of the continuity and transmission of this human adventure, with the sole mission of creating value for the user. Petzl's story begins in the 1930s and we introduce it to you below.
Fernand Petzl, passionate caverist and ingenious craftsman, imagines in his workshop tools to explore the depths. In 1968, the inventor markets his first products and founds Petzl in 1970.
For several decades, Petzl has provided a stable environment conducive to innovation and industrial excellence. This same path is what the new generation wants to follow, ready to continue the adventure.
Petzl develops its designs and projects based on pillars and values that motivate them.
For 50 years, four pillars have guided Petzl. Four fundamental values that motivate all its decisions and that are exposed:
Continue to be a stable family business.
Foster the pioneering spirit to imagine the best solutions
Guarantee industrial excellence with a goal of zero defects and be close to our communities by informing about good practices throughout the world for greater safety.
Petzl is aware of its responsibility towards the user who entrusts his life to its devices. That is why Petzl develops, analyzes and qualifies all its products beyond the required standards and norms. Its design center, based in France, integrates all areas related to product design: mechanics, textiles, electronics, optics and computing. From the design and prototype phases, product reliability and user safety are constantly evaluated, paying special attention to the risks of use.
Petzl has laboratories dedicated to product testing: dynamic tests, impact resistance, fatigue tests, performance, quality of light beams and flashlight autonomy. In addition, the tests in the field test the ergonomics and reliability of use.