"Pro Traxion" product description
The new Petzl Pro Traxion rope clamp includes innovative solutions adapted to the current needs of the world of work and rescue.
In order to maximize simplicity and safety in these operations, the Pro Traxion has been designed to be able to install the rope even when the pulley is fixed to the anchor, in addition its side plate locks under load preventing accidental opening of the pulley. pulley while in use and thanks to its lower connection point it allows mounting different types of hoists.
With a large diameter sheave and significant performance, it is particularly suitable for lifting heavy loads in work situations. The Pro Traxion should be part of the basic equipment of any rescue group, since it easily replaces the traditional pulley/block assembly in hoists when lifting people, in rescue and salvage maneuvers.
- Captive pulley: allows the rope to be installed when the pulley is attached to the anchor.
- Particularly adapted for lifting heavy loads:
- Large diameter aluminum sheave with sealed ball bearings to ensure excellent performance.
- Side plate locked under load to prevent sheave opening while in use.
- Versatility of use:
- Lower connection point to mount different types of hoists.
- Toothed cam with evacuation slot to optimize operation in any condition: frozen rope, muddy rope, etc.
- Use as a simple pulley by locking the cam in the raised position.
- Materials: aluminium, stainless steel and polyamide.
- Accept ropes from 8 to 13 mm in diameter.
- Type of sheave: sealed ball bearing.
- Diameter of the roller: 38 mm.
- Working load: 2 x 2.5 = 5 kN.
- Breaking load: 2 x 11 = 22 kN.
- Working load as pulley-blocker: 2.5 kN.
- Breaking load as pulley-blocker: 4 kN.
- Yield: 95%.
- Weight according to manufacturer: 265 g.
- Certifications: CE EN 567, NFPA 1983.
- EN567 Blockers
Petzl is a family business that, over time, has become the largest European manufacturer of personal protective equipment for those who evolve sporting or professionally in the vertical world and in the dark.
Petzl, a passion business that is part of the continuity and transmission of this human adventure, with the sole mission of creating value for the user. Petzl's story begins in the 1930s and we introduce it to you below.
Fernand Petzl, passionate caverist and ingenious craftsman, imagines in his workshop tools to explore the depths. In 1968, the inventor markets his first products and founds Petzl in 1970.
For several decades, Petzl has provided a stable environment conducive to innovation and industrial excellence. This same path is what the new generation wants to follow, ready to continue the adventure.
Petzl develops its designs and projects based on pillars and values that motivate them.
For 50 years, four pillars have guided Petzl. Four fundamental values that motivate all its decisions and that are exposed:
Continue to be a stable family business.
Foster the pioneering spirit to imagine the best solutions
Guarantee industrial excellence with a goal of zero defects and be close to our communities by informing about good practices throughout the world for greater safety.
Petzl is aware of its responsibility towards the user who entrusts his life to its devices. That is why Petzl develops, analyzes and qualifies all its products beyond the required standards and norms. Its design center, based in France, integrates all areas related to product design: mechanics, textiles, electronics, optics and computing. From the design and prototype phases, product reliability and user safety are constantly evaluated, paying special attention to the risks of use.
Petzl has laboratories dedicated to product testing: dynamic tests, impact resistance, fatigue tests, performance, quality of light beams and flashlight autonomy. In addition, the tests in the field test the ergonomics and reliability of use.